Saturday, November 10, 2007

R & D Auto


You will want to consider R&D auto for your auto repair needs. The owner, Rich DeGrandpre, is not only knowledgeable about cars but he is also knowldgeable about town and state politics. I stopped by R&D recently to discuss with Rich an alignment problem with my 1998 Toyota. Rich asked me very discerning questions including what brand of tires I had on my car. I confessed that I had opted for very cheap tires, a brand that Rich had never heard of before. They sell this brand at Walmart and discount tire warehouses. Rich thought it might not be an alignment problem but rather a bad tire. I appreciated that advice as I had a tire company in Portland all set to charge me for a front end alignment. What I also like about Rich DeGrandpre is the local and state political discussions that we engage in. As a Freeort Selectman, Rich is regularly dealing with important issues some of which impact me as a Pownal resident. The other day we were talking about Governor Baldacci's school consolidation plan where Freeport is talking to towns like Pownal and Durham. as possible merger candidates. Ask Rich about how he feels about Baldacci? You'll get an earful I guarantee.

No comments: