Monday, November 19, 2007

Harraseeket Yact Club - Summer View


Summer of 2004 view of HYC on a foggy day when my kids were probably learning to tie knots rather than sailing on the bay. All of my children have learned to sail with me and with the help of the HYC summer program. Overall I think the instruction is good; although, I think the success of this program depends largely on how responsible the teenage counselors manage the children. My daughter use to sail with me on our Bullseye when she was young. She took sailing lessons at HYC and developed a fear of sailing probably because of the swift tides that ebb and flow in the Harraseeket river. I also think that better oversight by the counselors could have made a difference for her. My sons did learn the basics of sailing with me; yet honed their sailing skills at the yacht club for the two summers that they participated in the sailing program.

No comments: