Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Beans has banner snowshoe sales this Christmas Season


I bought my wife snowshoes at Beans just before Christmas. Actually, I made my purchase the day before Christmas. According to Bean company spokesman, Lori Brooks, the company identified a new spending pattern shift where consurmers like me did a significant amount of shopping the two weeks before Christmas.
My snowshoe salesman, Eric, was very knowledgable and helpful in assisting me with my purchase. He mentioned low inventory for snowshoes including the new "snap-on" snowshoes that I bought for my wife. Clearly the heavy snows here in Maine have driven consumer demand for this product. Fortuneately, I had a box of snowshoes under the tree for my wife. However, I had to call Beans catalog sales to order the actual shoes that went with the snowshoes. The shoes arrived the Friday after Christmas and my wife was ready to head outside and enjoy a walk in our woods.
My wife is from Rio de Jeinaro where snow is unheard of. So it was all the more fun to see happily walking on top of our 22 inches of snow in the yard.
Stay tuned for updates about Village Station which is land that Beans owns in the center of town but has leased to a developer. The developer is charged with building the new garage and stores and leasing them. This project will make shopping in Freeport an even better experience than it is already. My wife and I stopped in at the Kittery Mall on the way back from Boston last weekend. What a boring shopping experience that is!
Cabella's, a national outdoor sporting good store headquartered in Nebraska, is moving to Scarborough on the corner of Haigis and Payne Road sometime in the spring of 2008. Scarborough seems like a bit of a drive from Freeport, but I'm sure I will make a trip down there to see how it compares to Beans and to see how price competitive they are.

No comments: