Thursday, January 24, 2008

AutoWerkes Maine - European Auto Service



I am having a blast this week meeting so many remarkable business people in Freeport. Today I interviewed Voit Ritch, owner of AutoWerkes Maine which specializes in fine European automobile service and sales. A native Pennsylvanian like myself, Voit lived and worked in the Lehigh Valley area of PA http://www.lehighvalleypa.org/. Voit has considerable professional experience working on foreign cars. I'll let you click on his website for a more complete presentation of his professional qualifications http://www.autowerkesmaine.com/. But before you click away, let me share with you an interesting fact I learned about him. Voit was a partner in AIR Corporation. What is AIR? Bill Cosby, one of my all time favorite comedians, had a funny answer to that question in a 1960's record album. Anyway, in Voit's case, I learned that AIR stands for Automotive Import Recycling. In the late '70's and early 80's AIR Corp. would do a "total makeover" of an old BMW or Volvo in just 8 to 10 days. For many years, Voit enjoyed coming to Maine in the summer and he always found suitable work here. In 1982 he moved here for quality of life reasons including more affordable real estate and less clogged highways. Today, he has his new auto repair business in Freeport. Voit is a real estate investor in the Augusta area. I'll have to help him invest in property here in the Freeport area. So, drop in and introduce yourself to Voit or to his service writer and parts manager Ryan Jenks. Autowerkes services BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, and Mini brands as well as Volvo cars. For more information, call 865-6600.

No comments: