Thursday, April 10, 2008

Buck's Naked BBQ - Freeport Maine




Today is Buck's Naked BBQ's grand re-opening in the building that formerly was a Dexter shoe store off Exit 20 in Freeport right next to Maggie's gas station. I didn't have an opportunity to sample the food, but I'm very encouraged that I won't be disappointed. Whoever was hired to design the interior of the restaurant did a great job. Upon walking inside, I was reminded of the "Gladstone Smokehouse", one of my favorite places to eat barbecue in Kansas City Missouri. As many of you know, Kansas City is legendary for great barbecue in addition to great jazz. I will be eating at Buck's Naked BBQ with or without my mostly vegetarian family soon and can report back later with first hand experience.


Owner Alex Caisse, featured at the far right in the picture above, is with his awesome kitchen staff. These guys are having a blast cooking up a storm for their patrons. I took the photo at 5 o'clock today on my way home from work. The parking lot was packed which augurs well for the long term success of Buck's Naked BBQ. I didn't get a chance to meet Wendy Caisse, Alex's other partner in the business. For more information, go online at http://www.bucksnaked-bbq.com/ You can also call the restaurant at 865-0600.

No comments: