Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mike Perrino, Principal owner of Casco Bay Yacht Sales




I don't know about you, but I'm ready for spring! Like many sailors, I love to ski; however, after February school break I'm starting to long for the lazy hazy days of summer. Today I saw the first signs of spring at the Portland In-Door Boat Show off Warren Avenue. There were rows and rows of glistening new motorboats and a few new sailboats. Under foot on the walkways, there was a comfortable, soft green astro-turf on which to leisurely walk around and visit with the boat vendors.
I was hoping to run into Mike Perrino at the show and as you can see I was successful. Mike loves the used boat business and he loves his prime Freeport location on US Route One across from Cold River Vodka. During the summer, tourists will get off 295 by the Delorme mapping store in Yarmouth and cruise up to his facility in Freeport.
Mike grew up on Great Pond in the Belgrade area of Maine and has been involved with boats his whole life. Mike majored in Forestry at the University of Maine in Orono. He become involved with Casco Bay Yacht Sales in 2005 when he decided he would pursue a career that he really loves. He has a a few service technicians working for him as well as Heidi, the woman who manages his office.
I saw a few sailboats for sale that caught my eye. He has a 33' Hunter sloop listed at $21,000 which doesn't sound bad at all for a sailboat of that size. He also has a 20' foot 1975 centerboard Balboa with a full suit of sails on a trailer (no engine) for $2,495. Visit his office at 398 US Route One or visit his online store at www.yachtworld.com/cascobay/ His toll free number is 1-877-242-3472 or the local number is 207-865-4103

No comments: