Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A wonderful real estate media opportunity and more...


Today I was very pleased to have confirmation that WCSH channel 6 in Portland is featuring my listing at 12 Lower Mast Landing Road in Freeport on their "207" program this Friday, October 26 at 7:00. The property is listed for $635,000 and you can look at the house online today by logging on to http://www.realtor.com/ and use the MLS number 863531. The focus of the "207" program is how HomeCharmers of Portland (see their website listed on my homepage) has made this home a more compelling property on the inside and on the outside. The current owners worked in a collaborative way with their builder, Naoto Inoue. Naoto is a builder located in Arundel Maine who specializes in solar and green technology. My clients had the courage and the fortitude required to build a home designed for today; yet ready for the future's energy scarce world.

Today's Freeport sailing news included a visit to South Freeport harbor where I spoke briefly with Kristin who manages the dock staff at Brewer's South Freeport marine. I let her know that Minstrel was sitting comfortably in a slip at Maine Yacht Center while awaiting a new port stay for her mast. I also let Kristin know that I hoped to have Minstrel back in South Freeport harbor for an October 29th date to haul her out of the water. I'm naturally in need of a "weather window" so that I can sail safely back to South Freeport. Otherwise, I'll have Minstrel hauled out at MYC. By the way, I have been very pleased with Brewer's yard services and launch services over the past four or five years. You can check Brewer's out online at www.byy.com/

I also would like to recommend Michael Chasse who lives in Freeport. He has a business called Northeast Sailboat Rescue http://www.northeastsailboatrescue.com/ where he finds older boats that need new owners. Before I started my work day I had Skip and Chip from Six River Marine in North Yarmouth (http://www.sixrivermarine.com/) help me investigate a lovely old Cape Dory 25' sailboat that Northeast Sailboat Rescue has on its Freeport lot. This boat designed by Carl Albert would be a wonderful upgrade from Minstrel. I've decided for now that I will hold off on a boat purchase and Michael knows how to reach me when another boat comes along that might be a better fit for me. Sailing is my passion. As my wife knows, I'm not the kind of guy who loves puttering around with a project boat.

No comments: