Tuesday, October 30, 2007

South Freeport Post Office


The South Freeport post office is a daily community gathering spot. Home delivery isn't an option in the village. Larry Welsher, a well known builder in the area, owns the South Freeport Post Office. He in fact built it back in 1980. The U.S. Postal Service rents this space from Welsher. (I'm crediting Down East: The Magazine of Maine for this information) If you need a good builder, contact Larry's son, Michael Welsher, who does exquisite work. Larry taught him well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, steve I most thank you for
your kind words, about myself and
son Michael. I learned about your
blog from my daughter who happens
to live in a small town in Sweden,
how she found it I don't know, but
we're all very impressed, keep up
the good work of promoting freeport
its truly a great place to live an
work, Larry Welsher